From:
Jim Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Aug 1998 00:31:48 EDT

Since going on a GF diet I have missed certain foods - pizza, pasta and
chinese food (the soy sauce unknown).  I am learning to live with certain
things, but have really been missing going to the Bejing Restaurant
locally.  The food was always good and the people there barely spoke
english but were always friendly and helpful.

The other day, I decided to try to bridge the language problem and
explain to them what I couldn't have and see if they could help me figure
out what I could have.  They were incredible.  They were in the back
talking to the cook and back out to talk to me and more of the same
again.  When it was all said and done, they told me that I could have
anything on the menu that came in a 'white sauce'.  All the 'brown sauces
have soy sauce in them.  Can only have the 'steamed rice'.  They use only
corn starch in thickening.

I just had to pass this along as maybe it will help others find a place
to 'eat out'.  It really never ceases to amaze me how restaurants (at
least the ones who care about their customers) will go out of their way
to help when presented with 'our lifestyle'.

My mouth is very happy with me again and my stomach is not complaining
either.

Eat well and enjoy life -

Grampa Jim
Missouri