From:
Diane Loomis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 16 May 2003 11:51:14 -0400

I called this Canadian company who distributes YU rice beverages before we tried it. I was assured that although the company also processes oat products, they clean their equipment after processing the oats, and all of the gluten tests they have run on the rice beverages have come back below the level that is not permissible for gluten-free products.  So I tried it with my children, who have CD.  They had a definite reaction to something, and this is one of the new ingredients that I introduced into their diet.  I called the company again this morning, specifically inquiring about the use of barley enzyme in the manufacturing of this rice beverage. Again, the representative told me that no gluten was in their natural flavored rice beverage, but there "might" be gluten in the other flavored beverages.  With that kind of qualification and lack of definite knowledge on all of the rice beverages I''m not sure that they know.  Anyone had an experience with this product or this company?  A.