Date:
Mon, 22 May 2000 20:54:00 -0700

Hi,

I made an inquiry about NASONEX naval spray the other day and got several
replies I want to share with you.  Thanks to all the people who responded to
my post.

Joe Clemens
Port Angeles, Washington

Hi Joe,
I have a toll free number for Stokes Pharmacy. Registered pharmacist,
William Milazzo, has a compounding company that actually specializes in
GF medications. His book, "Celiac Sprue, A Guide through the Medicine
Cabinet", does not contain Nasonex, since it is pretty new to the
market. You may call his pharmacy at (800) 754-5222 for the GF status on
this medication.

Cindy in NJ

Yes, Joe, it is gluten free according to the company that makes it, recently
contacted by me. I use it.

Ben

I am celiac and have used  Nasonex for two years and have had no trouble.  I
am sure it is gluten free.

Mitzi in Michigan

Yes, Nasonex is gluten free.  It contains the following ingredients, none of
which contain gluten:
Glycerin, microcrystalline cellulose, carboxymethylcellulose sodium, sodium
Citrate 0.25% w/wcitric acid, benzalkonium chloride, polysorbate 80
Most nasal sprays have a slight "burning" or irritating quality about them.

Steven Plogsted, Pharm.D.

Clinical Pharmacist
Nutrition Support Service