Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 1995 16:57:04 +0000

What follows is all my opinion!

> >> "Had we not, contrary to our doctor's wishes, put our daughter on a gluten
> >> free diet..."

The doctor offers an opinion.
Mostly they try their best but
Unfortunately, It is up to the individual to research.
If you are lucky you get a clue early on, its how YOU FEEL, not what
someone else says that counts!

 Doctors on two continents over 17 years NEVER
found out that I am celiac. I resolved this by my own reading.

Consider; I have been shown research which shows that upto 30% of
those in the morgue_of_teaching_hospitals are dead by misdiagnosis /
misapplication / etc. This despite everyones best intentions.

So why should I believe a word they say?

> Celiac sprue is a chronic disorder associated with a life-long sensitivity
> to dietary gluten.

The literature would seem to say so.

> years old and have had three biopsies.

If you binge on wheat you would not need to do this as your body
would tell you and pretty quick too.

Stay well,

 Richard   [log in to unmask]