From:
A Gilliland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Dec 2001 09:57:47 -0800

Hi All--

I've noticed over the past month or so that several
people have posted questions re: the gluten status of
a prescription drug *after* they picked it up at the
pharmacy. This happens particularly when the pharmacy
changes generic brands.

This same thing happened to me two days ago, and when
I thought about it later, I wondered why the pharmacy
can't check its gluten status before filling it...?

Since we don't know until we pick it up what generic
brand they might have changed to, it doesn't seem
reasonable that we should have to go home, call the
manufacturer, then go back to get the med if it's gf -
or do what if it's not? Take the prescription to a
different pharmacy and go through the process again?

Any ideas on this very common issue? I'll summarize.

Thanks. --Ayn/Kansas