From:
Dosha Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dosha Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 11:39:21 -0500

We went to Outback last night and I took a copy of the GF menu and asked
to speak to the manager.  Of course she hadn't heard of Celiac Disease and
wasn't aware that they had a GF menu.  She was very kind and helpful.

Here are my questions.  The menu says to order the vegetables without
seasonings.  The manager told me that they didn't have seasonings, only
butter.  Any thoughts here?

Also, the chicken has "seasonings" (such as Chicken on the Barbie) and the
steaks have "seasonings".  She said these are 2 different seasoning
mixes/blends.  The GF menu doesn't say anything about having to order the
chicken or steak dishes differently... only the vegetables (in regards to
seasoning). Also, the grilled shrimp is "seasoned" and the menu only
specifies to be sure it isn't served on bread.  So is seasoning ok?

For the people that eat at Outback:  Would you please tell me if you eat
these items "as is" or if you tell them anything special.

I read the archives, but didn't see anything regarding seasonings.
Thank you.