Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2006 10:13:16 EST

I just received my new issue (3/2006) of Cottage  Living.  In the last week I
had baked a batch  of Chocolate Surprise Rounds from Bette Hagman's "More
From the  Gluten Free Gourmet" (which, by the way, are amazing!)  On page 116  of
the magazine is a photo and recipe for Melt-In-Your-Mouth  cookies, which
looked exactly like the cookies I had just made.  I cross  referenced the recipe
and it is exactly the same except for the flours and  addition of xanthan gum.
 So, if anyone has the magazine and wants to make  them, subsitute the
all-purpose flour with the same amount of Bette's GF Flour  mix and add 3/4 teaspoon
of Xanthan gum (salt in Bette's recipe is 1/2  teaspoon, magazine's is 1/4
teaspoon).  Everything else is exactly the  same....directions, oven temp,
baking time. This is the first  time I've seen a GF recipe converted into a gluten
containing recipe....and  my guess is that the GF version is probably better
because they are a bit  crunchy...with the creamy middle....yummy!  Watch out,
they are dangerously  delicious!
Jane in L.A.