From:
Dick Grady <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dick Grady <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 May 2004 09:03:31 -0700

Previously, I wrote:

>I have been taking the drug Lotensin for high blood pressure.  The maker
>of Lotensin has confirmed to me that Lotensin is GF.  But on my last
>prescription refill, the pharmacy substituted a generic version named
>Benazepril made by Teva.  I went to Teva's web site, but could not find
>any info on the GF status of this drug.  I sent an inquiry to Teva via
>their web site, but got no response.  Does anyone know if this generic
>Benazepril by Teva is GF?

I got six responses.

One said to call Teva at 888-838-2872 and ask them.  Their pharmacist
confirmed that Teva's Benazepril is GF.

Another suggested joining the Delphi Forums at
http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/messages

Another suggested going to Clan Thompson's site.  I wasn't able to find any
info there unless I paid for it.

A couple of people said to check with or work through my pharmacist.
That's difficult, as I get drugs cheaper through mail order via my health
plan.

Richard