From:
Janet Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janet Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jul 2009 19:55:58 -0400

Hi Everyone,

I know we already had someone post the twitter from PF Chang's Corporate
Office indicating that both their white rice and brown rice is gluten-free.  So, I
thought I would circle back to the location that told me differently.  I talked
with the same manager (that I spoke to on Friday) and told him what
corporate said about both white and brown rice being GF.  He was still a little
confused but I understand how confusing the concept of "gluten-free" can be.

I also asked if I could see the actual bag of rice. He was so kind and carried
out the 50lb bag for me. There is no "flour" added of any kind on the label. The
ingredients listed are: "Long Grain Rice, Iron Phosphate, Niacin, Thiamine,
Monoitrate, and Folic Acid." Thus, we can truly put this concern to rest.

A little bit of a scare but I am soooo happy we can all go back to enjoying all
our favorite PF Chang dishes with either white or brown rice! It would still be
nice if they would add it to their menu, so even their mgmt/staff would know
they both are safe.  Still... a big YEAH...to another happy ending :)

Warm Regards, Janet

Janet Kline, President & Founder
Charlotte Celiac Connection
www.Charlotte-Celiac-Connection.org