From:
Elaine Korngold <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Elaine Korngold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Dec 2005 21:51:36 -0800

In October I posted two summaries on severe hives that my husband was
dealing with since August. Here is the happy ending to our saga that
might help some of you:

He had food allergy testing done by Great Smokies Diagnostics Lab,
showing high allergy to 3 foods and mild allergy to a bunch of others.
After eliminating all of those, the severe hives continued nightly.

The dermatologist's tests showed no allergy to any clothings. The
immunologist's tests showed lots of allergies to all kinds of
environmental things (grass, trees, bed mites, etc.), mostly things
you can't do anything about.

Then, the immunologist did the H. Pylori blood test and, bingo! ==>
found the culprit. The new treatment for H. Pylori is only one day
long: Amoxicillin, Metronidazole, Prevacid. The hives went away within
24 hours. They made a small reappearance for few days 2 weeks later,
but then went away for good. A follow-up breath test (UREA Breath
Test) three weeks later showed negative for H Pylori.

He still avoids the 3 high allergy foods and continues to be completely GF.

--Elaine
Portland, OR