From:
Mary Jean DeMarr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Mar 2002 10:52:04 -0600

I received several replies which indicated that people have eaten the
chicken with no problems.  However, my concern was the change, which I
just observed, on the label from "modified potato starch" to "modified
food starch."  I received the following from Hormel's customer service
rep, which seems to be reassuring, though I'm still puzzled, since the
label used to say "modified POTATO starch," not "modified CORN starch."
The response isn't really to the question I asked--I had already read
their FAQ and e-mailed anyway because I feared the FAQ wasn't up to date
with a recent change.

I guess I think the chicken is still safe.  Thanks for the responses.
Cheers--Mary Jean

Mary Jean DeMarr
Terre Haute, Indiana