Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 21:15:25 -0700

Many thanks to all who replied! I checked out your suggestions and
here's what I found.

http://www.needymeds.com -has a list of drugs and manufacturers
contact info.  Does not seem to include all drugs, so it's most useful
if the one you're interested is on their list, or if you know the name
of the manufacturer of what you're interested in.

http://www.stokesrx.com-has a book which can be purchased for $39.95
plus shipping (about another $4 or so) with GF info on prescription
drugs.  Also someone wrote that a phone call to their 800 number can
get helpful info.  800-754-5222 Stokes Pharmacy, 639 Stokes Rd.
Medford, NJ 08055

http://www.rxlist.com/interact.htm -has a searchable database that
lists ingredients, not specifically whether or not GF, but if it says
"starch" ......

http://www.geocities.com/naplesceliacs/ has a link to the needymeds
drug company address list

http://www.longs.com - has an ask the pharmacist email service,
replies said to be sent in 1-2 working days. The link is off of the
customer service link. Because the meds I was interested in are
generic and are each made by several companies, they could not help
unless I could tell them exactly which manufacturer had produced the
drug in question.

http://www.rxmed.com - though I didn't specifically find gluten
related info, it has a lot of info, good for things like reactions,
etc. aimed at physicians

http://www.csaceliacs.org/pharmaceuticals.html - From CSA, looks
helpful, drug info guide has whether or not the stuff was positive or
negative on gliadin antibody test

http://www.medscape.com - suggested by someone for its searchable
database of articles including one on Gluten in medications. You have
to register (free, but do they then sell your info to a million other
companies? I don't know.)

http://www.geocities.com/gluten_rx/gluten.html has a list of drugs
that claim to be GF, however this list does not always agree with the
CSA page list

http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/4003/gf-index.html - has a
link to a medications page and lots of links to info on vitamins and
supplements as well

http://my.webmd.com - someone suggested, but I was unable to find
much on gluten in drugs, however it has other interesting stuff
including articles

http://www.celiac.com/products.html#Medicines - has a list of GF
common OTC and prescription drugs