From:
Martha Kolbow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Martha Kolbow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2006 15:37:26 -0500

I am from the Milwaukee area.  My family went up to Minneapolis this
past weekend for the Celiac walk, Making Tracks for Celiac.  It is a
fabulous walk, thank you to everyone who helps coordinate this event.

We ate out one night at Chevy’s right across the street from the Mall of
America.  I have never had such great service from any other restaurant
I have been to.  The manager came out and spoke with me regarding what I
could eat.  He was very confused at first, but we decided on a fajita
salad.  He said he would personally go back and speak with the chef and
make sure it was made correctly for me.  He came out with my meal and
said they had to start from scratch and completely remake the salad.  It
was a fabulous chicken salad with cheese and a corn salsa.  I asked for
their home made salsa to use as the salad dressing.  He came back a few
minutes later apologizing for the wait.  He waited for a fresh batch of
salsa to be made to there was no possibility of contamination.

I was very impressed with his kindness and willingness to go the extra
mile to make sure my meal was gf.  KUDDOS to this fabulous manager,
sorry I did not get his name.

I am looking forward to coming up again next year.

Martha Kolbow