From:
"KATHY.G" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 1997 08:39:07 -0400

Hi all,

I was diagnosed with CD June of this year and this is my first post to the
list.  I'm wondering if there is anybody who feels that an effort to get
restaurants to make available a list of their ingredients used in each dish
would succeed.  I know so many people with food allergies who have to go
through the same "routine" we all have to go through each and every time we
eat out -- and even after asking the waiter/waitress about the ingredients,
we're still often given foods we can't eat and have to send them back.  My
son has severe allergies to the legume family, so for us to eat out we not
only have to clarify that my meal is GF, we have to make sure there are no
peanuts, soy, etc., used in anything for him.  It's quite an ordeal.  If
every restaurant was required by law to have an ingredient list available
for those who ask, I think it would make many people in this country much
more comfortable about eating in restaurants.  Your comments are welcomed.

Kathy in GA, USA