From:
Carol Fenster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carol Fenster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Nov 2009 10:05:39 -0700

Hello Everyone:

Dishing with dietitians. Partying with pastry chefs. Feasting with a Food
Network chef. This wasn't your usual gluten-free event and want you to know
about it.

I was delighted to be a part of  the Celebrating Gluten-Free Gala, hosted by
dietitians who specialize in gastrointestinal diseases. They were in Denver
in late October for the annual American Dietetic Association conference and
invited other dietitians to the event so they can better help patients with
celiac disease.

Denver chefs Monica Poole of Deby's Gluten-Free, Abbie Keyes of Gluten-Free
Chef, and Katy Martin of Gluten-Free Artistry, led teams in a 30-minute
decoration of gluten-free cakes donated by General Mills. Pastry chef Keegan
Gerhard, host of the Food Network Challenge series and owner of D-Bar
Desserts in Denver, served as emcee and interviewed the teams which also
included dietitian experts Shelley Case, Tricia Thompson, and Melinda
Dennis. Many thanks to the hard work of Pam Cureton and Mary Kay Sharrett,
plus the others who worked on the event, too. Dietitians who attended
received a CD loaded with gluten-free information for their  clients. It was
one more giant step toward educating people about the gluten-free lifestyle
and I was proud to be a part of the event.

Over 200 attendees feasted on absolutely gorgeous and decoratively
displayed, yet, totally gluten-free food. The theme for the evening was fun,
food, and celebration about the wonderful foods we can eat. In addition to
the delicious cakes, brownies, and cookies donated by General Mills,
talented Chef Dominic of the Denver Athletic Club prepared crostini, whole
grain salads, antipasto trays, cereal party mixes, dips, and salsas.... and
we washed it down with donated beer from Green's and a wine bar.

If you would like to see a summary of the tips I offered during my bread
demonstration about making a 35-minute French baguette, go to my October 27
blog post at :

http://www.gfreecuisine.com/blog/

The recipe for French bread is in all of my cookbooks, most recently in
1,000 Gluten-Free Recipes.

Enjoy!!!

Carol Fenster (author of 1,000 Gluten-Free Recipes)

President/Founder, Savory Palate, Inc.

8174 South Holly Street, #404

Centennial, CO  80122

303.741.5408; 303.741.0339 fax