From:
"William G. Vellios" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 May 1998 20:06:59 -0500

Hello everyone,
The following message was sent to Kinnikinnick Foods in Canada:

"Sir/Madam,
Celiac Individuals with DH are to avoid products that contain Iodine. Do
any of your products contain iodized salt or sea salt?
Bill"

The following is the reply I received:

"Bill- all of our products that contain salt use regular iodized salt.
The web site at www.kinnikinnick.com has a complete listing of ingredients
for each product."

It appears that the manufacturers in Canada are not required to distinguish
the use of iodized salt as opposed to plain salt.

Can someone in Canada please verify this with the proper authority?

I have contacted the FDA in the US, But have not received any official
response from them as yet. However, it appears that in the US, manufactures
are not required to distinguish the use of iodized salt as opposed to plain
salt. As soon as I receive the response from the FDA I will post it.

Bill Vellios, Ballwin, MO, USA