From:
"Anette J. Auyang" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 09:57:16 -0800

This may be old news to some, but Glutano products rock!   I just received a
package of pretzels, lemon cream-filled wafers and biscuits, all by Glutano,
and I could hardly believe my taste buds.  It was one of those moments of
joy when you find something that you've been missing on the GF diet that you
can actually eat.

The pretzels taste very "authentic", crisp and lightly salted.  The wafers
were just like the ones I used to eat with ice cream as a child, and the
biscuits were slightly sweet cracker-type pieces with a mild taste -- they
are great with a cup of tea.  Corn is the main ingredient in these products.

Glutano is a brand by Drei Pauly, a German company, and they have quite a GF
product line.  Drei Pauly also makes this northern European-style bread for
open-faced sandwiches that I usually eat on my trips back home to Denmark (I
can actually go into any major supermarket in Denmark and buy this bread
right off the shelf - yeah).  I doubt that they export it to the U.S., but
I'm still looking.

I have no connection to the company, but do know that I'll be coming back
for more.  I ordered these Glutano products through Miss Roben's, but I
believe there are other mail order companies that carry them, too.  Not
cheap, but hardly any GF mail order products are, compared to the
wheat-laden kinds.

Best,

Anette
San Francisco