From:
Donna Myslowka <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 30 May 2003 09:48:19 EDT

I had so many responses, it was wonderful!!!  My summarization is as follows:
15 people had no problems whatsoever, one person took it before it was FDA
approved, as her Dr. was helping with testing of it, & she no longer has osteo,
another said they'd tried other drugs, now on weekly actonel - no adverse side
effects, considering she has many allergies & terrible digestive problems!!
On the negative side - 2 people had severe pain in the kidney area, chest
pain for a couple of days, one also had bloating & abdominal discomfort, so went
on another drug. One person first was on Fosamax, then Actonel, couldn't take,
gave her severe reflux, lost weight & other problems, another said the 3rd
dose made her so sick she couldn't keep food in for 2 weeks.
Quite a few folks sent messages regarding Fosamax - with 7 having no problems
at all, one had heart burn, someone felt weird, so going to try Actonel,
someone mentioned it doesn't have a coating to help esophagus & stomach that
Actonel has.  One person mentioned they were told Fosamax kept the body from losing
bone, rather than promoting new bone growth,>> 2 experienced severe itching.
2 or 3 folks had mixed feeling about a drug called Miacalin (inhaled drug for
osteo).
One person doesn't have osteoporosis, but takes Caltrate 600.
One gals can't take any kind of calcium, gets Pamidronate Infusions - IV
infusions one monthly for 1st 3 months, follow ups after-meds only FDA approved
for cancer, therefore each infusions costs her $1,000.
Someone wrote asking if I knew there were injections & IVs for bones!
Last, but certainly not the least, 3 or 4 folks sent "good luck" messages.
To one & all, I say thank you so much.
Y'all are the greatest!!!
Donna/Tx