From:
Cecilia Vohl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 12:36:03 -0700

Dear Listmates:

Here is the summary results of where to find Kame Rice Crackers:

I don't know where you are from, but I found them at Harry's Farmer Market
in Atlanta and at Harris Teeter in Virginia Beach.  (We don't have a Harris
Teeter in Carrollton.)  They were with the other KA.ME products at Harris
Teeter near the rice--not with the other crackers.  Hope you find them;
they are really good and only 1 gram of fat in 16 crackers. My adult son
who is NOT celiac loves them. I bought 9 packages in Virginia Beach and
left him 3 of them.
---
My local grocery sells them in the Oriental food section.
---
My Kroger's supermarket has them, but they are in the
Chinese/Japanese food section, not with crackers on it health foods.
So maybe you need to be thorough in checking the possible places
where they might be shelved.  Good  luck!
---
In the northeast USA (Albany, NY, for example) they are available in
virtually all grocery stores in the asian foods section.
---
I have seen them in the oriental sections of major grocery stores - at
Kroger and Harris Teeter in Raleigh, and at a store in Florida recently
(Publix?).  $1.99 for a small package, perhaps 80 crackers.  There are
several flavors.  They are packaged in clear cellophane with a mostly red
label.
---
You don't say where you live, so they may not be available in your
area, but I can find them at several supermarket chains in the
Baltimore, MD USA area. Sometimes they're with regular crackers and
cookies, sometimes in the International foods aisle, sometimes near
the gourmet cheeses. They come in a mostly clear wrapper, not a box,
in several flavors, including sesame, cheese, and seaweed!
---
I buy them (sesame seed and seaweed) in my regular grocery
store,  and they are delicious....   =)

---

Thanks to all who responded!  I live in Reno, Nevada, and I'm sure there's
somebody around here who carries them.  May the search begin!
:)

Cecilia Vohl