From:
Rabia Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 28 Dec 2005 10:43:25 EST

Growling gut problem, Borborygmi, Summary

Thanks for the many suggestions! My comments are in parenthesis. Here they
are:
Take a digestive enzyme (like Megazyme, I was already taking two)
Homeopathic remedy: Lycopodinum 30c, 5 pills after eating (helps)
Reduce acid reflux by sleeping on a bed wedge
Check sleep apnea (had sleep studies, no apnea)
Be patient, it takes six months or so to heal after being GF
Bean O, Gas X (simethacon gel caps)
Apple cider vinegar (to add acid, if low, took 1 tsp in water, helps)
Probiotic, such as Natren, Candex brands. For dysbiosis, imbalance in the
intestinal tract.
Kefir, yogurt, live saurkraut, kimchi, maximize veggies, minimize processed
fods and starches. Rice is highly digestible, beans, broccoli and milk are
gassy.
In Ayurvedic medicine it's called Ghatiyantra, or sprue malabsorption, so it
is a celiac problem
Lomotil
Soluble fibers (apple cider vinegar helps break down the insoluble fibers)
Citrucel, helps normalize colon. Drink more water than usual.
Book: W.Grant Thompson,MD, “Gut Reactions, Understanding Symptoms of the
Digestive Tract.”
Food allergies.
Do a small intestine bacterial overgrowth test, it's an easy test, but hard
to get prescribed.
L-glutamine, 3x a day.
Goldenseal is good if it's Giardia, 2x a day: gas, nausea, diarrhea, with
intestinal symptoms. Bulk is cheaper.

So far, what has worked best for me is about 1/8 tsp chewed Caraway seeds,
which is a carminitive (digestive) used in Indian restaurants after a meal, with
the Lycopodinum 30c, both available in health food stores.

Cordially, Rabia Clark, [log in to unmask]