From:
Jim Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 16:49:07 EST

There have been several requests for a good GF and DF cookie.  Give this
a try -

               GRAMPA JIM'S CHOCOLATE COOKIES

          1 CUP          BUTTERY CRISCO
          3/4 CUP        WHITE SUGAR
          3/4 CUP        BROWN SUGAR

          MIX

          2 EGGS
          2 TBSP         HELLMAN'S REAL MAYONNAISE

          MIX

          1 TSP          SALT
          1 TSP          SODA
          2 CUPS         CORN STARCH

          MIX

          1 HANDFUL     CHOCOLATE CHIPS
          1 HANDFUL     NUTS (
          1 HANDFUL     SHREDDED COCONUT

     THE ABOVE THREE ITEMS TO BE TAILORED TO YOUR TASTE, IF      YOU LIKE
MORE OR LESS, CHANGE IT.

          MIX BY HAND

     BAKE AT 300 DEGREES FOR 10 MINUTES

The baking time/temperature may need to be adjusted for you oven, but the
above is what I do in my oven.  Also, I turn the cookie sheet 180 degrees
at about 5 minutes into the baking time.

The cookies may look like they're not done when they come out of the
oven, but leave them on the cookie sheet long enough for them to cool
slightly before moving them off and they will get a little more done.

Grampa Jim
Missouri

The best way to get most husbands to do something
is to suggest  that perhaps  they are too old to do it.
           Anne Bancroft