From:
Kevin Nadherny <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 19:40:57 -0000

I think that Ronald Hoggan is among most contributing persons on this planet
who describes and make people be aware of toxicity of gluten on human body.
Is five years since I heard first time about Celiac Disease (the hard way),
after surgery on my rotten small intestine. Neither physician nor surgeon
told me about possibility of CD as a cause of my illness. That was web page
of Ronald Hoggan what made me understand what is wrong with me. Thank you
Mr. Ronald Hoggan and to rest of sciences for saving my life by spending
your free time to study and inform us without any materially benefit to you.
Not only saved my life, but taught me haw to live a healthy productive life
without pain and suffering, despite my advanced age.

Since that I learned a lot include one statement, what I get from person
after I advised him to read that web page. He said: "That man is crazy" he
blames virtually all diseases on gluten. Further said: If that would be only
half true, governments would do something about it.

That tells me: "something is missing". Would be any other substance so toxic
to human health, be long time ego wiped off from the earth's surface.
Is well known, that mammals can't tolerate gluten. Any farmer knows, that
feeding livestock with wheat, except birds, cause harm, even death to some
animals especially to horses. I am suspicious, that Mad Cow Disease has a
lot of to do with gluten, that is why they can't find the cause for it.
There are many people sick and dieing from gluten and doctors can't find the
cause, (many of you agree with me). I never read in newspaper, or hear on
television or radio to directly blamed gluten for any illness. Some time is
said:" may cause the illness".

Why human is allowed to eat gluten, until is very sick or lucky to find
physician who knows something about CD? Some people use to get sick from
asbestos. No one get tested for allergy on asbestos before was exposed to
it. They made solution; is forbidden to use it. Haw many people get sick
from asbestos? Fraction of number suffering from gluten. There is no other
substance know to men doing so much damage to human health.

I appealing to you people, use common sense and think twice, before you
introduce gluten to your newborn. Consequences are devastating and some
damages are irreversible. You don't need doctor's blessing for not to poison
your child.

The question is: Haw to make wide public to be aware of this? Haw to make
governments enforce manufacturers to print on every package of bread and
gluten containing products possibility of illness caused by this product?
Answer is: Impossible! But they done it with tobacco products in Canada,
despite tobacco is only secondary cause of those named illnesses. It is the
gluten, what destroying immune system and made body vulnerable to pollution
or any bacteria and virus. Some of you are lawyers, physicians, biologists
and other sciences that are able to present those facts to your governments.
Well-publicized court case in USA would do it as anti tobacco people doing
it.

Kevin Nadherny
Toronto, Canada