From:
donna nielsen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
donna nielsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2006 19:30:44 -0700

hello
  i have been hearing about trader joe's for quite some time now and
have just visited one in long island- for the first time...
  it is TRULY a great store and they do have a wealth of gluten- free
items....
  there are only a couple in ny state and none upstate...
  i was wondering if other capital area celiacs and 'wheat and gluten
free' eaters in the area might join me in contacting the company to ask
them to consider a store in the albany area...there is NO doubt it
would do well..not only for the gluten free community but for all people
who want healthy foods for reasonable prices..i could not believe the
amount of ORGANIC foods they had for great prices aside from the gluten
free selections....organic foods have been a luxury for most people
because the prices are so high..they should not be as they are really the
only healthy foods...if we can buy organic at the same or better prices
that what we pay for the foods we buy now..why would we not buy them? of
course they are better for all of us - and those of us with digestive
problems and other health concerns would benefit from eating
organic..even the fruit was organic and at prices we would recognize from our
regular supermarkets..or BETTER!
  i spoke to a person who works for them in the store i visited and was
told they are very particular about where they open their stores...i
was told that if they get enough requests for one in a certain area - it
would certainly be considered...
  anyway here is the link to the website with the contact information
for the east coast offices...if you want a trader joe's in our area,
please call and talk to them...
  thanks!

  donna

  http://www.traderjoes.com/contact.asp

  if anyone has any questions about what i saw there ( and took home)
please email me...