From:
S Eckard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2003 17:05:04 -0700

Thank you for your inquiry.
Gluten Free Food Products
Advantage Bars (only the bars listed below)

    a.. Chocolate Raspberry
    b.. Chocolate Coconut
    c.. Almond Brownie
    d.. Creamy Berry Cheesecake
    e.. Creamy Lemon
    f.. Chocolate Peanut Butter
    g.. Frosted Cinnamon Swirl
    h.. Chocolate Decadence
    i.. Cookies 'N Crème
  a.. Almond Cream Coffee Cake Mix
  b.. Asian Sauces
  c.. Bake Mix *
  d.. Beanit ButterBeanit Butter Cookie Mix
  e.. BBQ Mustard Sauce
  f.. BBQ Sauce
  g.. Cake Ability
  h.. Cheesecakes (all flavors)
  i.. Cheesecake Mix
  j.. Chocolate Covered Almonds
  k.. Chocolate Chips
  l.. Chocolate Extract
  m.. Cinnamon Praline Almonds
  n.. Cinnamon Praline Pecans
  o.. Devils Food Cake Mix
  p.. Endulge Chocolate Candy Bar (all flavors)
  q.. Endulge Peanut Butter Cups
  r.. Flatbreads (all flavors)
  s.. Frozen Fudge Bar Mix
  t.. Fruitizia (all flavors)
  u.. Goldwater's Senators Chili Mix
  v.. Ice Cream Mix (all flavors)
  w.. Just the Cheese Bars
    a.. White Cheddar
    b.. Cool Ranch
  x.. Just the Cheese Rounds (all flavors)
  y.. Ketchup
  z.. Macadamia Nuts (all flavors)
  aa.. Macadamia Nut Butter
  ab.. Margarita Mix
  ac.. Mc Steven's Lemonade
  ad.. Mc Steven's Strawberry Lemonade
  ae.. Moo Not Soy Milk
  af.. Morning Start Bars (only the bars listed below)
    a.. Cinnamon Bun
    b.. Chocolate Chip Crisp
    c.. Chocolate Muffin
    d.. Strawberry Crisp
  ag.. Mousse Mix
  ah.. No Cook Pudding Mix (all flavors)
  ai.. Nutlettes
  aj.. Oven Fried Chicken Seasoning
  ak.. Pina Colada Mix
  al.. Quiches (all flavors)
  am.. Racquet Dips (all flavors)
  an.. Ready To Drink Shakes (all flavors)
  ao.. Salad Dressing (all flavors)
  ap.. Salt Water Taffy (all flavors)
  aq.. Savory Sides (all flavors)
  ar.. Soft Peanut Brittle
  as.. Soufflés (all flavors)
  at.. Soy Rocks
  au.. Spicy Pepitas Pumpkin Seeds (all flavors)
  av.. Sugar-Free Gum (all flavors)
  aw.. Sugar-Free Mints
  ax.. Steel's Fudge Sauce
  ay.. Steel's Jams (all flavors)
  az.. Steel's Mango Curry Sauce
  ba.. Steel's Pie Fillings (all flavors)
  bb.. Steel's Praline Sauce
  bc.. Steel's Raspberry Jalapeno Sauce
  bd.. Steel's Sweet & Spicy Peanut Sauce
  be.. Strawberry Margarita Mix
  bf.. Syrups (all flavors)
  bg.. Thicken Thin Not Starch

*The Atkins Bake Mix by definition is gluten-free, even though oat fiber is listed on the Nutrition Facts panel.  According to the FAO/WHO, "products containing greater than 0.30% (300ppm) protein from wheat, rye, barley, and oats, etc. should not be labeled as gluten-free."  Products with 0.02-0.03% (200-300 ppm) gluten are "borderline gluten-free", while those products containing less than 0.01% (100 ppm) gluten are considered gluten-free.
The oat fiber that we use in our Atkins Bake Mix is purchased from Canadian Harvest (Cambridge, MN) as Snowite 300.  This Snowite 300 product is an extract of the oat hull, which botanically speaking is a modified leaf.  Based on studies performed by Dr. Bruce Hamaker at Purdue University, the Snowite 300 product has gluten levels of 800 ppm.  In our Atkins Bake Mix , Snowite 300 is formulated at a 5.5% level, which dilutes/drops the maximum gluten content of our mix to 88 ppm.   Thus, this level is below the 0.01% (100 ppm) level required to allow a gluten-free claim.

We hope this information will be helpful to you. If you still need further assistance, please feel free to e-mail us again, or contact our Customer Support Department by phone at 1-800-6-ATKINS, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you are calling from outside the U.S. and Canada, please reach us at 1-800-757-5324.