From:
Cheryl Bice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 22:19:25 -0700

Thanks for all your responses - I am slowly feeling better.  I did eat
at Steak N Shake tonight and had a small helping of chili which they
said was safe. So far so good.  Here are some of the responses.

I have had bad reactions that lasted a few days and took me a week to
recover.

You might have injested some more gluten.  Check the Moo Gan (?) to make
sure it doesn't have gluten.

With that severe of a reaction the first time, I could see still being
supersensitive a week later with anything touching it off.

> >My dr recommedned taking the homeopathic remedy VERATRUM ALB 30C to
> >conteract gluten poisonings.  two pills under the tonuge stops my
> >symtoms dead.  You can get this at health food stores.  Very safe
>
> I would very much like to try this - do not know where to find it.  I
> called several health food stores and they had not heard of it.  Is
> there a brand name?  Thanks in advance.

Whole foodsFreshfields carry this.  Ask your healthfood store if they
carry Biorion or Doliosis homeopathic remedies.  Those are the best
brands.  You might be able to find them online.  Whole Foods does have a
website.  Perhaps the manufactueres do as well.

Dear Cheryl,
I think I have had this - it's as though once the damage is done, every
little thing that normally wouldn't cause trouble, does.  I'd be
interested if you hear back with anything more scientific.  Thanks

Are you lactose intolerant?  I used to gobble down Hershey bars, but
lately I get tummy growlings and diarrhea if I eat more than a few
bites.

I also get Moo Goo Gai Pan in a white sauce with white rice - no MSG, no
Soy Sauce unless I bring my own.  Sometimes I get a reaction - I think
it is wheat contaminate.  If you get carry-out, the container may have
gluten - at least this is what I have been reading on this list.

I hope you are feeling better,.

I can take as long as two weeks to settle out after ingesting gluten.
This is not fun, to say the least.

It appears to depend on the quantity ingested.

I have seen similar posts from others.