From:
J & C White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 21:45:12 -0800

I did get some replys on ulcerative colitis.  Seems most people found
the gf helped with the colitis, others depended on an array of different
drugs.  Some said they continued to have flare ups even after the gf
diet, tho there was improvement.

What I gathered is that ulcerative colitis simply means an ulcerated
colon, I used to think it was a condition in itself, caused by nerves.

The real question is what is causing the colon to ulcerate?  In the case
of celiac, it is the gluten.  Another question is, will the gf diet cure
the colitis?

Janet in Maine