From:
Bev Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Oct 2000 22:09:56 -0500

Hi listies,  I was at a picnic last week and someone brought a dessert that
she called "puppy chow".  It was served in a stainless steel doggie bowl and
everyone went wild over it.  I thought my daughter Pam would love it if it
was made gluten free, so when I went home, I set out to convert the recipe.
It's easy (it took me about 10 minutes to prepare it), nutritious (it is
made with peanut butter but can be made with soy nut butter if you have
allergies - so it has protein), and is a great finger food for kids in
lunches or as a treat at a party.

Here is the recipe:

6 cups Health Valley Rice or Corn Crunchums Cereal (gf)
1/2 cup gf peanut butter (or soy nut butter, or any nut butter)
6 oz gf semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup powdered sugar

Melt chocolate chips in a bowl in the microwave for about 3 minutes on half
(50%) power.

Mix in peanut butter in same bowl until blended.

Place Rice or Corn Crunchums in large bowl and drizzle chocolate peanut
butter mixture over the cereal.

Gently mix well.

Place powdered sugar in large (gallon size) zip lock bag.

Put cereal mixture in bag and zip closed.

Gently tumble the bag in your hands to coat the cereal with the powdered
sugar.

Place in fridge for about 30 minutes.

ENJOY!

I hope you like this recipe.  It was a big hit in our family.

Warmly,

Bev Wahl