From:
cobina higgins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 11:29:32 -0400

For any of you with access to a Trader Joe's:  they have a printed list of gluten-free items throughout the store.  Plus, right in with the regular bread (as if we were normal!) are the g-f breads.  The cinnamon raisin is ok for toast.  But the biggest boon to me is what they call French Rolls.  They are scrumptious.  I noted one serving is half a roll, at 120 cals and about 5 gms fat.  I can slice them into thirds with my bread knife, they toast wonderfully, and can even make a somewhat dry sandwich.  Haven't tried yet for my much missed grilled cheese.  I do not need bread often either, thoroly agree with you others.  Also for bakers, the Gluten Free Gormet, I think the 1st one, has "crumpets" which are English muffins, and come out nice every time, can take some added rice bran too.  Thanks to all of you.  Cobina

cobina higgins
Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.