Date:
Sat, 3 Jun 2006 18:52:32 -0500

I presently have a wicked toothache from typical periodontitis and it's the
weekend.  Of course I'm going to the dentist early this week to get another
cleaning (needing them every 3 months now) which always helps, however any
suggestions in addition to the following that I am doing would be
appreciated:

Besides flossing for which I am using Crest "Glide" original floss, I am
rinsing my mouth with salt water every 2 hours

I have a qtip dipped in clove oil applied which I have in place at the
moment, I am brushing my teeth every time I eat something with toothpaste
with fluoride - not much of an appetite I can assure you.

The archives comes up blank for "toothache"

I am uncertain of any other oral gel or paste medications like oragel I can
take whether they are gluten free

I have taken an aleve and that helps a little but not overall

The dentist has prescribed an oral fluoride treatment which I have never
filled the rx because I am so sensitive to chemicals as well as being GF -
has anyone had experience with the use of fluoride rinses and do they help?
I understand the concept of fluoride that it coats the nerve endings and
desensitizes which is why I switched back to a fluoride toothpaste (Tom's).
How do others handle periodontitis?  Any suggestions would be most helpful.
Thank you, Dorina, near Galveston, TX