From:
Ben & Janna <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ben & Janna <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jul 2005 23:43:18 -0400

QUESTION FOR FEMALES - Female Health-Related:

I am new to this list, and I am wondering if anyone on the list with Celiac
Disease (CD) is overweight AND suffers from annovulation & amenorrhea (not
ovulating/not menstruating)?

I have read that when infertility is linked to CD, it is usually because of
lack of nutrients being absorbed due to CD, causing anemia and hormonal
imbalances.  This would cause one to LOSE weight; However, I have not
suffered from weight loss, anemia or malnutrition.

Just curious to see if anyone else is in this same predicament.  I have been
gluten-free strictly for a year and a half (diagnosed beginning of 2004.)
My menstrual cycle has just recently returned, and I am not sure if I am
ovulating, but it could be due to strictly avoiding gluten.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Janna