From:
Lorraine Dowdle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Oct 1997 22:28:45 -0400

List:  This letter was sent to me and I'm passing it along.  Gentian Violet
is the thin blue stuff that  she talks about but I have found that it has
alcohol in it and it burned when I put it on.

In a message dated 97-10-15 16:27:43 EDT, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< Dear Lorraine:

 Wow. You inspire me as a Mom of 9 kids!!!  I'm am pregnant with my 5th
 and feel that this is gonna be the last one -- my energy is fading.....

 So far, I am the only Celiac in the house.. I do have serious questions
 about my oldest but the blood screen came up negative for my three oldest
 ( doc didn't test 2 yr old)...  I am getting off the subject here in a
 big hurry..

 You asked about the yeast and nursing problem......   I did have some
 problems while nursing my third child... I am not sure if it was yeast or
 not - the doctor said it was Oral Thrush..... it was a bear to get rid of
 for him and for me.....  The stuff we were supposed to use didn't really
 get rid of it... We finally got some "ginsen blue"  . That is a rather
 phonetic spelling.. It was this thin blueish-purple solution that I
 painted on the inside of the babies mouth.... took care of it within a
 week........ I found it at the pharmacy (over the counter) Apparently
 it's something that folks used for year and years on cuts and scrapes and
 just about anything....... A few places still carry it, but as the newer
 medicines have been developed, some of the old tried and true fad away.

 By the way, if most of your children are celiacs (and you too) I wonder
 if your husband is a celiac as well.  That is an awfully strong link in
 your family......  But, nice that everyone has company and surely makes
 the cooking much simpler with everyone eating the same thing..

 If you get a minute, I'd love to hear just a short description of how
 celiac symptoms vary from each one in your family.... it'd really help me
 keep my eyes open for symptoms in my own family....... My grandfather,
 father, and aunt also have celiac and I'm sure that at least one of my
 kids will show up with it.... if I don't miss the sublte symptoms.

 Lynn
 Ohio