From:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 13:58:33 -0500

I wrote to My Own Meals through their website last week, asking about their salt content and where in NJ I could buy it. This is their response:

Hi Lin,
We have meals in Passaic at Kosher Connection, in Teaneck at Glatt Mart and in Fairlawn at Food Showcase.  The only way your Shop Rite store will carry the product is if you ask them to.  We will ship directly to stores.
To save some money, you can order in quantity from us directly at the prices on the order forms on our website at:  http://www.myownmeals.com

The sodium level is relatively low for prepared foods - although not low.  Most prepared meals will have well over 1000 mg per meal.  If I lowered the salt content, the taste of the meals would not be as good as they are.

They are preserved using the canning method of preparation - that it - put raw and partially cooked ingredients into the package and cook it under high temperatures and high pressure.  So long as they remain air-tight, they can remain without refrigeration, similar to canned goods.  I do not add any preservatives at all and the salt level is way too low to be used in preserving.

Hope this helps.  And thanks for enjoying our meals.  Mary Anne