From:
Mara Levin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 13:28:44 EDT

Today, my internist, who is also a gastroenterologist, prescribed Viox for my
arthritis. I asked him if it contains gluten. He said he had no idea and that
the amount that could exist in a pill could have no affect on me. He said if
I have a reaction that's IBS, not Sprue.

He said he has other patients like me [who are on the lookout for gluten in
amounts that small]. I think he may have been having a rough day, because he
seemed rather impatient. Now, this doctor is well-respected and was
recommended to me by the wonderful doctor who diagnosed my cd.

Have we been overly concerned about the tiny amount of gluten that could
exist in a pill? If I'm going to be labelled a fanatic, I'd like to be
certain of my cause.

Regards,
Mara