Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 2008 12:38:28 +0200

Hello,
twenty-one people responded. Thanks to everybody!

Among the responses:
Most people said that peanut butter should not be a problem. One person said, he never found peanut butter containing gluten. Unilever is a serious company, which would list all ingredients on the list. Cross-contamination is ulikely, however there is no 100% guarantee. One person had checked (probably with the company) that Skippy is gluten free. Some very sensitive persons said that they did not have problems with it. Some suggested other brands of peanut butter (unfortunately, I won't be able to try other brands, since you do not find peanut butter in every supermarket here in Italy, and, if you are lucky, you find only one brand). Some people said I should contact Unilever, or check its website for gf products.

What I think about it:
It is very likely that the Skippy peanut butter I got is gluten free. I will contact Unilever to be sure, and I will point out this is their export peanut butter (export products are sometimes different than those sold in the country of production).

Thanks again.
Maria Paola

--

*******