From:
Michelle Vychodil <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michelle Vychodil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Dec 2011 05:16:12 +0000

We have finally received my 6 year old daughter's Enterolab results. It confirmed that she is allergic to potato; which we knew and she has been potato free for 2 years. We also did the Celiac gene test and I am confused about the results. Her Fecal Anti-gliadin IgA is 16 Units. I see that she has the gene for gluten intolerance and Celiac disease. Therefore, she does not have Celiac disease today, but if she does not follow a gf diet, she will develop it. Is that accurate?

"Interpretation Of HLA-DQ Testing:  HLA-DQB1 gene analysis reveals that you have one of the main genes that predisposes to gluten sensitivity and celiac sprue, HLA-DQB1*0201 or HLA-DQB1*0302. Each of your offspring has a 50% chance of receiving this gene from you, and at least one of your parents passed it to you. You also have a non-celiac gene predisposing to gluten sensitivity (any DQ1, DQ2 not by HLA-DQB1*0201, or DQ3 not by HLA-DQB1*0302). Having one celiac gene and one gluten sensitive gene, means that each of your parents, and all of your children (if you have them) will possess at least one copy of a gluten sensitive gene. Having two copies also means there is an even stronger predisposition to gluten sensitivity than having one gene and the resultant immunologic gluten sensitivity or celiac disease may be more severe."

Thank you, Michelle

*******
*******