From:
Kit Kellison <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kit Kellison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 06:13:52 -0800

Concerning Heidi's Reply from Brach's:

I would like to urge everyone on the list to email the contact listed below
at Brach's to ask for a list of their gluten free products.  When they make
the same reply, please send in another email to complain about their lack
of attention to your needs and let them know how difficult it is to
navigate through the world of food labelling when companies are
uncooperative in revealing hidden sources of dangerous food ingredients.
It wouldn't hurt to let them know that you buy for X amount of people in
your family as well.

The point of a concerted effort here is to make it more difficult for them
to blow us off than to provide us a list of what is actually in their
products.  Perhaps they will see that taking the time to label their
packaging properly will be less expensive than taking the time to field our
questions.

Kit Kellison

Dear Brach's Customer Relations Contact:

Could you please give me a list of which of your products contain wheat,
barley, or rye?

I have a condition called celiac disease in which severe damage is done to
my intestines if I ingest those products.  Since they are often hidden in
ingredients such as natural flavors, starch, etc. it is difficult for me to
find out what I can safely eat and buy for my family.

Thank you in advance for your reply.I will post it on our national list.

Kit Kellison
Activism Chairman
Tidewater Chapter 17
CSA/USA

Heidi's Letter:

I contacted Brachs in regards to their products
and this is the reply I
received.
Guess I won't be buying anymore of their
products.
Heidi

From: "Lux, John" <[log in to unmask]>

         1/27/2003

Dear  Wubben [[log in to unmask]]:

Thank you for contacting us about our Brach*s
candy products. In response to
your email, at the present time none of our
products are considered gluten
freegluten. Please contact me at 1-800-283-6303
if I can be of further
assistance.

Thanks again for contacting us. Please continue
to visit us at
www.brachs.com.

 Yours truly,

John R. Lux