From:
"Karen M. Davis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 1995 20:35:16 -0700

Charlie Borowsky asks:

> Dose anyone have a list of dry spices that belong to the Glutin family, and
> should be avoided? I tried a steak with Italian Seasoning already premixed
> with devastating effects.

Pfeh. At the risk of drawing flames - let me point out - READ THE
INGREDIENT LIST!

I've noticed that premixed spices in those little foil packets (the ones
about 4" by 6") that are labeled "taco mix", "sloppy joe mix" etc. by
Lawrys and others, GENERALLY USE A WHEAT FLOUR CARRIER!

The stuff in the little bottles/cans is usually GF - in fact, McCormick
spices are GF (conversation between CDF and a McCormick VP). If you want
a premixed Italian Seasoning, buy the one in the jar, and add your own
thickener to the sauce...

If you are reacting to the Italian herbs alone, that's another story...

karen