From:
Maureen Dolan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Maureen Dolan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 21:47:49 -0500

Hi Everyone

A few days ago I posted a note asking if anyone knew the connection between
infertility and Celiac. I received several e-mails from people telling me
about their experiences and offering me  guidance. Several people asked me
not to post their response as it was personal but they wanted to give me
insight to their personal story. Therefore I will give a general summary.
Most everyone who sent me a response said that they had some sort of trouble
conceiving however once they were diagnosed with CD and followed a GF diet
for about 6 months to a year most everyone conceived and has either had a
baby or is currently pregnant (Congrats to those ladies)Almost everyone said
to start taking pre natal vitamins and folic acid (both of which I am
currently doing) Someone also gave me insight to the fact that even though
she has CD that all 3 of her children had tested negative. Also most
everyone said that they were not healthy enough (mal-nutritioned) to have
carried a baby or had problems with mis-carriages before being diagnosed
with CD.

Therefore there seems to be hope to be able to conceive once I am fully
healed and have been following the diet for a longer period of time. Of
course there is also the possibly of having true fertility problems. My plan
is to continue following the GF diet like I have been and continue to get
healthier all at the same time trying to conceive (and many of the ladies
and gentleman had no complaints about the trying aspect of it). I will keep
everyone posted in the future if I do have some wonderful news to tell you
all.

Thanks for all your kind words, support and prayers. It is greatly
appreciated.

Sincerely
Maureen
Austin, Texas