Date:
Mon, 15 May 2006 14:11:23 -0400

Hi All,

Lots of help from you great folks. Here is the summary and thank you to all who helped. It will certainly help my trip be lots of fun!

Diana in RI
-------------------------
The Publix Stores and Sweetbay Stores both have good "gluten free" sections.
Publix doesn't separate it as much but you can find a lot, reading labels.
Sweetbay does have separate sections.
---------------------------
I haven't been to that particular area, but on two trips to FLA I found
there was a pretty good selection of gf stuff in Publix, the big chain
grocer there.  They are not gathered in one special part of the store,
but scattered throughout, so you have to hunt a little.  I found at
least two brands of gf pasta, some gf cereals and cookies, and some gf
frozen foods, as well as the standard rice crackers and rice cakes.
You have Whole Foods, Supervalue Nutrition, Richards Foods and The Good Earth all in the Sarasota/Bradenton area.  Look them up in the telephone book on arrival.  Also the whole Out Back Chain is in the area to dine at - Flemings, Out Back, Bone Fish and Carabas

HI - I was there in February - There is a good size Whole Foods Store
where you could get lets of items.  Go to their website and they will give
you directions for the one in Sarasota. When you go to the store ask at the Customer Service counter and they will print out a list for you.  The store is in a pretty convenient location.  I found the Publix grocery
stores  also had gf foods in their organic foods section  like pastas, mixes, flours, cookies,etc.  Also Publix has a list of their gf foods that are their own brand (you'd have to call them to maybe fax or e-mail a copy.  Publix carries all Boar's Head lunch meats which  are gluten-free
also.  Hope this helps I can't help you with restaurants although I know there is Bonefish Grill and Outback in the area