Date:
Wed, 11 May 2005 23:04:44 -0400

I was reading an article about the value of employing a personal chef in the
May issue of Health magazine when I stumbled across a mention of a personal
chef in Boston who had prepared a summer's worth of gf meals for a client's
celiac daughter to bring to camp. Out of curiosity, I followed up with an
e-mail to Christine Robinson and Dennis Nosko - the chefs who run A Fresh
Endeavor http://www.afreshendeavor.com/ and received a very nice reply.
Here's part of what they told me:

"We approach special diets with the attitude that it has to taste good and
that there is probably something out there that will work---I love a
research challenge!

". what the article did not get into (it was a short one),  was the fact
that we have had several other clients who were on gluten-free programs and
it was fun to develop menus for them--When we started our business nearly 6
years ago, our first clients included two who were on yeast/sugar
elimination programs and we went from there. I worked for a time with a
woman who was on a nutritionist prescribed rotation diet where she needed to
eat a variety of foods and change them everyday---that was a great learning
tool. I also read 'Living Without' magazine regularly and use their advice
on products--fantastic publication and we are using that to help one of our
clients choose some items for her little boy who was recently diagnosed as
gluten sensitive along with egg and dairy allergies. We use our client
assessment to find out allergies & sensitivities and then how and what they
like to eat."

I have no financial relationship with this service, nor have I tasted their
food (since I don't live in the Boston area). But I was very impressed by
their knowledge and creativity and wanted to pass along this information for
any of you who might be considering a personal chef service in the Boston
area.

Jaki in CT