From:
Janet Rinehart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janet Rinehart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2017 09:24:23 -0500

Houston flooding is massive.  We have been hosting another family with

3 dogs since Tuesday because of high water in their subdivision, which

is not too far from us.  But we only got water in the streets in our
subdivision.

We were very, very lucky, and a Kroger's is a couple of blocks from us.   I

e-mailed a board member who has been taking GF products from our

meetings to a Food Bank in the past.  Here is what she found out:

The Houston Food Bank had asked me to take our gluten free food

donations to GCCSA, the organization I did the article on for our

newsletter.  They maintain a food pantry with a special section for special
diets.

My contact there is:

Sue Garcia

Gulf Coast Community Services Association

9320 Kirby Drive

Houston TX 77054

Email [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Phone 713.393.4783

Cell 832.860.1325

Fax 713.343.8709

HFB was concerned that GF food would get mixed into the general food

donations and GCCSA has some people that consistently need GF food.

Thanks for your concern.

Janet Rinehart ([log in to unmask]); 281/679-7608

Chairman, Houston Celiac Support Group

13722 Ashley Run, Houston, TX  77077

 <http://www.houstonceliacs.org> www.houstonceliacs.org

Former President, CSA/USA, Inc. --  <http://www.csaceliacs.org>
www.csaceliacs.org

Jefferson Award Winner, May 2008, for public service to celiacs