From:
Kathy Velasquez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 15:17:37 -0400

Hi everyone.  I know that many of us can develop other food allergies,
especially after being diagnosed with CD.  I think I have develpoed an
allergy, of all things, to rice!!  I had some allergy blood work done,
the RAST testing for rice as well as nuts eggs, milk, fish and many
more.  Also, my doc included wheat.  Everything, including the wheat,
came back normal, in the "normal" range.  The wheat and rice numbers
were at the high end of the normal range, but still normal.  I go to see
my allergist next week, so I have not discussed this with him yet.
Could it be that, the rice and especially the wheat were in the norm,
because i had eliminated them for so long?  (the rice about 3-4 weeks,
including any product with rice additives, and the wheat for 1 1/2
years!!)  Any thoughts on this?  And does anyone out there also have an
allergy to rice, and if so how do you cope as rice is in everything we
can eat?? Thanks for your help.  God Bless  Kathy V