From:
- Phyllis Chinn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 12 Aug 2012 10:12:48 -0400

I get disgusted  trying to find more than one place to eat out GF in MN...
I'm pretty  sensitive..
I can't eat at  Macaroni Grill, even their GF food, because there is too
much flour in the  air
from their pizza open  grill and dough handling.
PF Changs in  Edina at Southdale and Maple Grove at the large  mall area is
really terrific for
preparing GF.  Their allied company Pei Wei is less than adequate even
though they have  one
or two things GF on  their menu.
My favorite grocery  and fresh food deli spots are these, which are fairly
easy to  find..
1. MTKA has a new  Whole Foods on Plymouth  Rd, a block north of  I-394.
2. Mtka: Lakewinds  Coop is at Minnetonka  Blvd and Hwy 101; food labeling
on the shelves here  is exceptionally good.
Ask at the front for  guidance before wandering around. They have a good
deli as well for fresh  foods.
3. Mpls: Seward Coop  at Franklin Av and Riverside is just north of  I-394 n
ear the Mississippi river, on the Mpls  side.
Take 24th St OR Riverside exit and go a  block to the south. Food labeling
on the shelves here is  also
excellent. I love  their deli and they label every item in their hot food
area. Lots of GF choices  here too.
Again, ask at the  front for guidance before wandering around.
4. Robbinsdale: Cub  Foods at Hwy 100 and 36th Av has a very large GF
section in "dry foods" and in a  smaller frozen
area.  Their  deli is useless for us. They have really tried pretty hard to
get some main  items into a
very large GF section  of shelving near the front.  Again, ask first for
direction.
5: Shoreview and Woodbury:  Fresh&Natural Foods is the very best in the
area for stocking up on great  supplies, but
the closest one  is in Shoreview  (North of Rosedale on Hwy 96 just East of
Hwy 35W) and I hear there is  another in
Woodbury (Way East,  east of the large 494/694 eastern edge).
Superknowledgable  staff (about GF) are probably at Seward Coop and
Fresh&Natural.
+++++++++

Check out  Brasa http://brasa.us/. Almost everything on the menu is gluten
free. Also, it's  not on their menu, but, they have gluten free chocolate
chip cookies.

Check out this guide:
_http://northlandceliacs.fastmail.fm/dining.html_
(http://northlandceliacs.fastmail.fm/dining.html)
+++++
I am the  president of the cdf twin cities chapter here. And we are located
in the sw mtka  area. We maintain a restaurant list on our website at
www.cdftwincities.com feel  free to access it. Depending upon what part of
minnetonka you will be in, I could streamline  the options for you. If you will be
farther out toward excelsior, or near mpls  hwy 394 area. Just let me know,
and I will whittle down that list for  you.
++++++++
We have  reviews for some of the places you mention below on our website,
GlutenFreeTravelSite ( _http://www.glutenfreetravelsite.com_
(http://www.glutenfreetravelsite.com/)  ),  which is a website containing thousands of
user-submitted GF dining and travel  reviews, searchable by location.

Simply visit our Search/Mapping page  (
_http://glutenfreetravelsite.com/maps/map-locator.php_ (http://glutenfreetravelsite.com/maps/map-locator.php)
)  and enter a town name or zip code into the Search Box. You'll get a list
of  restaurants that have been reviewed. Click on any restaurant to see it
highlighted on the map and to link to the user-submitted  review.