From:
Joy Mendez <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joy Mendez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 12:01:52 -0500

I got a very prompt response from the manufacturer of Geisha mandarin
oranges.  I was concerned (after buying a case of these at Costco the other
day) that they were a product of China and they had citric acid in them.  I
have heard--whether true or not--that citric acid made in Asia is often from
a glutenous grain.  Theirs, however, is not--it is corn based.  Enjoy!  Joy
in Arizona

Here's their response:

We have received the following answer from our offices in China.

As you can see, they have used corn as the basis of the Citric Acid since
1998.

While not using wheat, barley, rye or oats, I'm not sure if corn is
acceptable for Celiac.

We hope this information answers your questions regarding our Geisha
Mandarin Oranges.  Once again, thank you for contacting us.

Sincerely,

Mark Schirloff
Regional Manager