Date:
Tue, 3 Jul 2007 07:15:50 -0400

Hi We just returned from Disney and wanted to update our eating experiences.  First, whether you are on the dining plan or not, you MUST get reservations for table service meals. We waited until the week before our vacation to make reservations and could not get into several places we wanted.  You can change and cancel them but make sure you have somewhere to go.
Secondly, always alert your server about celiac. The chef will come out and speak to you about what is available on the menu and make your meal personally. We tried to dine at off times but that is not always possible.
Table Service-
50's Prime Time Cafe at MGM- My son who is 12 has celiac. The first time we went there he had meatloaf.  The second time he had chicken pot pie. There was also a brownie sundae but the brownie was stale. This is the restaurant where they scold you for putting your elbows on the table! It was a lot of fun.

Ohana Restaurant at the Polynesian. This is a buffet but the chef brought out in separate bowls shrimp, veggies, potatoes and chicken wings. The grill items of turkey, pork and sausage are off limits but the steak is ok.  We didn't really like the food or the loud Hawaiian woman "entertaining" us all evening.

Grand Floridian Buffet (Dinner) at the Grand Floridian - Great if you like Cinderella. We made a last minute reservation there. The chef was spacy and we did not feel well prepared. The desserts which were gf were not tasty.

Mama Melrose - MGM. Almost anything on the menu can be made gf. My son had a delicious meal he could not finish and dessert had several options.  Definitely need a  reservation. The atmosphere was great too.

Concourse Steak house at the Contemporary- Great steak, appetizers.

Liberty Tree Inn, Magic Kingdom - Family style. The chef brought out rolls, gravy, turkey, ham etc. The only thing they did not make special and is not gf is the mac and cheese and fruit cobbler. My son had ice cream for dessert.

Counter Service (fast food)
Blizzard Beach - Amy's Pizza

Flame Tree GBBQ at Animal Kingdom - gf bbq, kind of spicy

Pecos Bill - Animal Kingdom- burgers w/gf buns

Polynesian Resort - Captain Cook's- burger with fries.

All MC Donald's fries are gf and most ice cream.

All in all dining is easy at Disney and there were no errors.  It was a great vacation. Clare MA