From:
Dosha Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dosha Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 20:35:18 -0500

I received 15 responses.  Thank you all. Here is the condensed version:

* requested summary
* orders veggies-steamed only, chicken & ribs with seasonings= no problem
* orders everything without seasoning
* orders the steak "as is"
* orders veggies steamed w/o margarine and prime rib w/o the au jus
* orders items "as is"... if no specific note on the GF menu
* orders items "as is" without butter
* orders steak "as is"; does not get the veggies
* orders everything cooked with seasonings "as is"; doesn't get the veggies
* orders meat with seasonings= no problems; doesn't eat the butter because
it is "seasoned"
* orders steak "as is" = no problems
* stated good question
* orders everything "as is" in regards to seasonings
* orders steak w/o seasonings
* orders both ways at different times, no reactions

I'm sure you all read the post by Michael Thorn from Cynthia Kupper.  Here
is the first paragraph again:

Outback has a number of proprietary seasoning blends. Only those used on
certain items must be avoided. For example - the seasoning blend used on
the vegetables contains wheat, but that used on meats does not.

I personally will order the veggies steamed... w/o butter and the steaks,
chicken, shrimp, and ribs "as is" in regards to the seasoning.  I guess
the butter they put on the veggies is different than the butter they put
on baked potatoes.

Thanks again!
Dosha