Date:
Mon, 29 Aug 2005 19:42:46 +0000

? on reintroducing dairy after one year gluten free:
I would like to try reintroducing dairy after one year gluten free, dairy free, low fat, no sugar, chemicals, additives or tomatoes.  I would like to know what would be the wisest dairy food to start with and how much to try.  I usually don't try any new item any more often then every 3 or 4 weeks.  Some thoughts are goat dairy products, kefir, some kind of easy to digest cheese if there is one-maybe farmer's cheese or goat cheese, soy cheese that has a little casein or whey,
plain yogurt.  The last dairy foods I could tolerate before I eliminated all dairy were some hard cheeses and plain yogurt,
though I didn't know about goat cheese and yogurt or kefir.  Last November the nutritionist I was working with monthly had me try Kefir 1/4 of a cup, but I had a stomach ache, gas, and abdominal pain even after the first try.  I have finally been feeling quite a bit better the last two months and have gained a couple of pounds with weight of 106.  I'll be sseing the nutritionist in October, but am only going every three months now that my weight seems stable.
Thanks to all the list friends!
Robin in Massachusetts