From:
Jan Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jan Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jul 2017 13:00:42 -0400

Hi all,

Thanks for the responses I received on The Special K CRUSTLESS Quiche.  I know that Special K itself has wheat in it...this is a CRUSTLESS quiche, and the ingredients seem to be ok, except it is not labeled GF on the package.  I will call Costco headquarters and have them check.  I'm not sure if I'll try it or not, but just thought I'd get some info.  Here are the responses I received.

1.  Unless it's labelled gluten free I wouldn't trust it.  I wonder why it's called "Special K" crustless quiche.  Special K itself has wheat gluten listed as an ingredient.

2.  Sadly, Special K cereal itself is NOT gluten free.  The quiche part might have all GF ingredients, but if they are making the crust out of Special K cereal, then it is not GF.

3.  If you have celiac disease, I think it would be a very bad idea to eat any multi-ingredient item of processed food based on a reading of ingredients without a listing of allergens present in the factory and/or the GF certification seal.

4. You can call Costco headquarters in Washington and they'll find out for you.  I've called them several times about other food items. Good luck!

5. It’s not on their GF list:

https://www.specialk.com/en_US/products/gluten-free.html

Jan