From:
Burgess Cyndee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 1996 17:42:04 -0500

Hi!

I saw a message the other day where a sublingual supplement for B12 was
mentioned.  Does anyone know a source of sublingual supplements in general?
I assume that sublingual means the supplement is absorbed under the tongue,
which would have to be a great advantage to those with CD who aren't
absorbing nutrition in the small intestine.

Another question:  There has recently been mention of the advantage of
rotational diets and not using one type of food too much because of the
possibility of developing intolerances.  My husband,  who has been diagnosed
with CD for one year,  has severe gluten reactions and cannot tolerate soy
products or lactose.  I'm concerned that since corn and rice are the only
grains he tolerates that he my become intolerant to those in time because of
ingesting them so often.  In theory, a rotational diet sounds great, but I'm
at a loss on how to go more than one day without repeating the use of corn
and rice in some form!  Especially since rice cakes and corn tortillas are
his daily mainstay as a substitute for bread.  Does anyone have any
suggestions?  Or is this a needless worry on my part?

Thanks!
Cyndee Burgess
Elkhorn Realty
P.O. Box 633, Reserve, NM  87830