From:
"Buddell, Elizabeth: Global Ops IT" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Nov 1997 14:51:28 -0000

I was diagnosed as having celiacs disease in June this year and since
then have been on a strict gluten free diet.  I had my second biopsy on
7 November and went to the gastroenterologist yesterday to obtain the
results.  I was informed that the lining of my stomach had shown no
signs of improvement at all.  I cannot understand why this should be the
case as I am 33 years of age and have been well now since starting on
the gluten free diet, this result is giving me great cause for concern.
I would be very interested to hear if anybody has had similar results
after 4.5 months on a strict gluten free diet,  what the cause of this
non repair is and when/if my stomach will begin to improve.

In adddition, a few times a day, I feel as if something is running down
the inside of the left hand side of my stomach.  Nothing is visible from
the outside, has anybody had similar things happen and what was the
outcome?

I have also developed a problem during the last two weeks with my hands
whereby I have severe pain when I get up in the morning when trying to
move them.  After about five minutes they loosen up but my figures ache
and are painful all day to a lesser extent.  Does anybody know if this
is related to celiacs disease and what I could do to stop this.

Replies are gratefully received.

Many thanks